February 17, 2011 07:59 PM
Senate Floor Wrap Up For Thursday, February 17, 2011
- Adopted S.Res.60, a resolution recognizing the 50th anniversary of the date of enactment of the law that created real estate investment trusts (REITS).
- Passed S.365, a bill to make a technical amendment to the Education Sciences Reform Act of 2002.
- Passed S.307, a bill to designate the Federal building and United States courthouse located at 217 West King Street, Martinsburg, West Virginia, as the "W. Craig Broadwater Federal Building and United States Courthouse".
- Passed S.266, a bill to redesignate the Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge as the "Sam D. Hamilton Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge".
- Adopted S.Res.72, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater;
- Adopted S.Res.73, Democracy in Iran;
- Adopted S.Res.74, designating February 28, 2011 as "Rare Disease Day;
- Adopted S.Res.75, National March 25, 2011 as "National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day"; and
- Adopted S.Res.76, 14th Quartermaster Detachment of the U.S. Army Reserve.
- Passed H.Con.Res.17, adjournment resolution.
- Confirmed Stephanie O'Sullivan, of Virginia, to be Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence.
- Amendments to S.223 agreed to:
- Coburn amendment #64 (Rescind unused earmarks);
- Brown-Portman second degree amendment #105 (unmanned aerial systems) to
- Ensign amendment #32;
- Ensign amendment #32, as amended, (remotely piloted aerial systems);
- Reid amendment #54, as modified (noise buffering);
- Udall (NM) amendment #49, as modified (Dona Ana County airport);
- Udall (NM) amendment #51, as modified (advanced imaging technology);
- Lautenberg #10, as modified (change date for noise level)
- Pryor #22 (cap local cost share)
- Klobuchar #37, as modified (public use airport projects)
- Cantwell #46, as modified (airline carrier bankruptcy)
- Murkowski #53 (emergency locator transmitter)
- Hutchison #57 (airport maintenance)
- Cochran #59 (explosive pest control devices)
- Cantwell #65 (navigation performance procedures)
- Inhofe #86 (model aircraft)
- Boxer #94 (child safety seats)