Senator Paul Objects to Confirming DOE nominationsDuring Tuesday's session of the Senate, Senator Bingaman asked unanimous consent to confirm the following Department of Energy nominations:
- Calendar #493, Charles DeWitt McConnell to be an Assistant Secretary of Energy (Fossil Energy)
- Calendar #494, David T. Danielson to be an Assistant Secretary of Energy (Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy)
- Calendar #495, LaDoris Guess Harris to be Director of the Office of Minority Economic Impact, Department of Energy
- Calendar #496, Gregory Howard Woods to be General Counsel of the Department of Energy
- Calendar #527, Arunava Majumdar to be Under Secretary of Energy
Senator Paul then objected to Senator Bingaman's request.