Senate Floor Wrap Up for Wednesday, February 12, 2014Roll Call Votes
1) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #525, Tina S. Kaidanow, of the District of Columbia, a Career Member of the Senior Executive Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be Coordinator for Counterterrorism, with the rank and status of Ambassador at Large; Confirmed: 98-0
2) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #595, Daniel Bennett Smith, of Virginia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Intelligence and Research); Confirmed 98-0
3) Confirmation Executive Calendar #527, Catherine Ann Novelli, of Virginia, to be United States Alternate Governor of the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development for a term of five years; United States Alternate Governor for the Inter-American Development Bank for a term of five years; Confirmed 97-0
4) Cloture on the motion to concur in the House amendment to S.540, the Debt Ceiling legislation; Invoked: 67-31
5) Adoption of the motion to concur in the House amendment to S.540, the Debt Ceiling legislation; Agreed to: 55-43
6) Motion to concur in the House message to accompany S.25, the legislative vehicle for the military retirement pay restoration with an offset (extension of sequestration); Agreed to: 95-3
Additional Legislative Items
Passed S.1254, a bill to amend the Harmful Algal Blooms and Hypoxia Research and Control Act of 1998, and for other purposes with a Nelson amendment.
Discharged the Judiciary committee and adopted S.Res.350, Designating February 14, 2014, as National Solidarity Day for Compassionate Patient Care with Booker amendments to the preamble and the resolution.
Adopted S.Res.358, commending the Seattle Seahawks for winning Super Bowl XLVIII and the 12th Man for their critical support.
Adopted S.Res.359, to constitute the majority party's membership on certain committees for the One Hundred Thirteenth Congress, or until their successors are chosen.
Began the Rule 14 process of S.2024, to amend chapter 1 of title 1, United States Code, with regard to the definition of ''marriage'' and ''spouse'' for Federal purposes and to ensure respect for State regulation of marriage (Senators Cruz and Lee) in order to place the bill on the Legislative Calendar.
Additional Executive Items
Confirmed the following items by voice vote:
- Executive Calendar #529, Catherine Ann Novelli, of Virginia, to be an Undersecretary of State (Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment)
- Executive Calendar #497 Kevin W. Techau, of Iowa, to be United States Attorney for the Northern District of Iowa for the term of four years
- Executive Calendar #498 Andrew Mark Luger, of Minnesota, to be United States Attorney for the District of Minnesota for the term of four years
- Executive Calendar Hobbs, of Texas, to be United States Marshal for the Eastern District of Texas for the term of four years
- Executive Calendar #494 Gary Blankinship, of Texas, to be United States Marshal for the Southern District of Texas for the term of four years
- Executive Calendar #495 Amos Rojas, Jr., of Florida, to be United States Marshal for the Southern District of Florida for the term of four years
- Executive Calendar #496 Peter C. Tobin, of Ohio, to be United States Marshal for the Southern District of Ohio for a term of four years
- Executive Calendar #531 Anthony Luzzatto Gardner, of New York, to be Representative of the United States of America to the European Union, with the rank and status of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
- Executive Calendar #534 Robert A. Sherman, Massachusetts, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Portuguese Republic
Confirmed the following by unanimous consent:
Executive Calendar numbers 597; 598; 601; 602; 603, with the exception of Colonel Mark A. Baird and Colonel Robert W. Stanley II; 604; 605, with the exception of Colonel Andrew E. Salas; 606, with the exception of Brigadier General Jon K. Kelk; 607; 608; 609; 610; 611 and all nominations on the Secretary's Desk in the Air Force and Army. The names corresponding to each Executive Calendar number is below.
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE
Executive Calendar #597 Brad R. Carson - to be Under Secretary of the Army
Executive Calendar #598 William A. LaPlante, Jr. - to be an Assistant Secretary of the Air Force
Executive Calendar #601 Brig. Gen. William D. Cobetto - to be Major General
Executive Calendar #602 Brig. Gen. Bart O. Iddins - to be Major General
Executive Calendar #603 To be Brigadier General-
Colonel Roy-Alan C. Agustin
Colonel Robert G. Armfield
Colonel Mark A. Baird
Colonel Dieter E. Bareihs
Colonel Mitchel H. Butikofer
Colonel Mark D. Camerer
Colonel Douglas A. Cox
Colonel Stephen L. Davis
Colonel Eric T. Fick
Colonel Keith M. Givens
Colonel Paul H. Guemmer
Colonel Gregory M. Guillot
Colonel Gregory M. Gutterman
Colonel Darren E. Hartford
Colonel David W. Hicks
Colonel Brian T. Kelly
Colonel David A. Krumm
Colonel Peter J. Lambert
Colonel Evan M. Miller
Colonel Thomas E. Murphy
Colonel David S. Nahom
Colonel Mary F. O'Brien
Colonel Stephen W. Oliver, Jr.
Colonel Scott L. Pleus
Colonel John T. Rauch, Jr.
Colonel Christopher M. Short
Colonel Kirk W. Smith
Colonel Robert W. Stanley, II
Colonel Mark E. Weatherington
Colonel Stephen C. Williams
Executive Calendar #604 To be Brigadier General-
Colonel Dennis J. Gallegos
Colonel David D. Hamlar, Jr.
Colonel John S. Tuohy
Executive Calendar #605 To be Brigadier General-
Colonel Paul D. Jacobs
Colonel Timothy P. O'Brien
Colonel Andrew E. Salas
Executive Calendar #606 To be Major General-
Brigadier General Jon K. Kelk
Brigadier General Cassie A. Strom
Brigadier General Kenneth W. Wisian
Executive Calendar #607 To be Major General-
Brigadier General Daryl L. Bohac
Brigadier General Robert M. Branyon
Brigadier General Michael B. Compton
Brigadier General James E. Daniel, Jr.
Brigadier General Matthew J. Dzialo
Brigadier General Richard N. Harris, Jr.
Brigadier General Worthe S. Holt, Jr.
Brigadier General Gary W. Keefe
Brigadier General David T. Kelly
Brigadier General Donald A. McGregor
Brigadier General Robert L. Shannon, Jr.
Brigadier General Robert S. Williams
Executive Calendar #608 To be Major General-
Brigadier General Christopher J. Bence
Brigadier General Jack L. Briggs, II
Brigadier General David J. Buck
Brigadier General Thomas A. Bussiere
Brigadier General Stephen A. Clark
Brigadier General Stephen T. Denker
Brigadier General John L. Dolan
Brigadier General Michael E. Fortney
Brigadier General Peter E. Gersten
Brigadier General Gina M. Grosso
Brigadier General Jerry D. Harris, Jr.
Brigadier General Daryl J. Hauck
Brigadier General John M. Hicks
Brigadier General John P. Horner
Brigadier General James R. Marrs
Brigadier General Lawrence M. Martin, Jr.
Brigadier General John K. McMullen
Brigadier General Bradford J. Shwedo
Brigadier General Jay B. Silveria
Brigadier General Linda R. Urrutia-Varhall
Brigadier General Jacqueline D. Van Ovost
Brigadier General Mark W. Westergren
Executive Calendar #609 Col. Paul W. Tibbets, IV -to be Brigadier General
Executive Calendar #610 Lt. Gen. David D. Halverson - to be Lieutenant General
Executive Calendar #611 Col. Stuart W. Risch - to be Brigadier General, Judge Advocate General's Corps