1) Motion to invoke cloture on the Reed amendment #2714 (3 month extension of unemployment insurance benefits paid for with pension smoothing/no UI for millionaires) to S.1845, Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act. Not Invoked by 58-40
2) Motion to invoke cloture on S.1845, Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act; Not Invoked: 55-43
3) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #629, the nomination of Max Sieben Baucus, of Montana, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the People's Republic of China; Confirmed: 96-0 (1-voting present)
Adopted S. Res. 270, a resolution supporting the goals and ideals of World Polio Day.
Adopted S.Res.333, a resolution recommending that the U.S. renegotiate the return of the Iraqi Jewish Archive to Iraq.
Adopted S.Res.352, Commemorating the success of Team USA in the past 22 Olympic Winter Games and supporting Team USA in the 2014 Olympic Winter Games and Paralympic Winter games.
Discharged the Commerce committee and adopted S.Res.289, a resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that ambush marketing adversely affects the United States Olympic and Paralympic teams with Rockefeller-Begich amendments to the resolution, preamble and title.
Began the Rule 14 process of the following items in order to place them on the Legislative Calendar:
- H.R.3590, the Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act and
- H.R.3964, the Sacramento -San Joaquin Valley Emergency Water Delivery Act.
No additional Executive Items