Senate Floor Wrap Up for January 31, 2013ROLL CALL VOTES
1) Motion to Table the Portman Amendment #6 (dollar for dollar); Tabled: 54-44
2) Motion to Table the Portman Amendment #7 (government shutdown prevention); Tabled: 52-46
3) Motion to Table the Toomey Amendment #8 (full faith and credit); Tabled: 53-45
4) Motion to Table the Paul Amendment #9 (prohibition of F-16's to Egypt); Tabled: 79-19
5) Motion to Table the Vitter motion to commit (spending cuts); Tabled: 53-45
6) Passage of H.R.325, to ensure the complete and timely payment of the obligations of the United States Government until May 19, 2013, and for other purposes; Passed: 64-34
Adopted S.Res.24, commemorating the 10-year anniversary of the loss of the Space Shuttle Columbia.
Adopted S.Res.25, honoring Gonzaga University on its 125th anniversary.
Began the Rule 14 process of S.201, To prohibit the sale, lease, transfer, retransfer, or delivery of F-16 aircraft, M1 tanks, or certain other defense articles or services to the Government of Egypt. (Paul)
Began the Rule 14 process of S.204, the National Right-to-Work Act. (Paul)
No EXECUTIVE ITEMS