January 27, 2011 06:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, January 27, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of several resolutions relating to changing the Senate rules, en bloc. There will be up to 8 hours for debate equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees.
- The Senate will recess from 1:00 until 2:15pm to allow for the Democratic caucus meeting.
- At 4:35pm there will be a series of up to 5 roll call votes in relation to the following resolutions:
- Wyden S.Res.28, to establish as a standing order of the Senate that a Senator publicly disclose a notice of intent to objecting to any measure or matter (60-vote threshold);
- Udall (CO) S.Res.29, to permit the waiving of the reading of an amendment if the text and adequate notice are provided (60-vote threshold);
- Harkin S.Res. 8, amending the Standing Rules of the Senate to provide for cloture to be invoked with less than a three-fifths majority after additional debate (67-vote threshold);
- Udall (NM) S.Res.10, as amended by Udall (NM) amendment #1, to improve the debate and consideration of legislative matters and nominations in the Senate (67-vote threshold); and
- Merkley S.Res.21, as amended by Merkley amendment #2 (substitute) (67-vote threshold).
- The Senate is in a period of morning business with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each.
- There will be no further roll call votes during Thursday's session of the Senate.