The Senate stands in recess until 8:25pm tonight and, upon reconvening, proceed as a body to the Hall of the House of Representatives for the joint session of Congress for President Obama's State of the Union address. Upon dissolution of the joint session, the Senate will stand adjourned until 9:30am on Wednesday, January 21, 2015.
Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business for one hour with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each, with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Democrats controlling the final half. Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.1, to approve the Keystone XL Pipeline.
The following amendments are pending to S.1:
- Murkowski #2 (substitute)
- Fischer #18 (limits on the designation of newly protected Federal protected lands)
- Schatz #58 (climate change)
- Lee #33 (endangered Species Act)
- Durbin #69 (petroleum-Coke)
- Toomey #41 (standards for coal refuse power plants)
- Whitehouse #29 (climate change)