May 22, 2018 06:31 PM
Schedule for Wednesday, May 23, 2018--up to 5 votes at 3:15pm
The Senate stands adjourned until 11:00am on Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
Following Leader remarks tomorrow, the Senate will begin consideration of the Montgomery nomination (HUD). At 3:15pm, the Senate will vote on confirmation of the nomination.
Upon disposition of the Montgomery nomination, the Senate will resume consideration of the House Message on S.2372, VA MISSION Act. We expect to table the pending motion to concur with amendment by voice vote. We expect a Republican senator raise a budget point of order and for there to be a motion to waive. We would vote on the motion to waive and then on the motion to concur (passage of VA MISSION Act).
Upon disposition of S.2372, there will be 2 cloture votes on the McWilliams nominations (FDIC Chair and Member). If cloture is invoked on both, the post-cloture time will run concurrently.
3:15pm Wednesday—up to 5 roll call votes:
1. Confirmation of Executive Calendar #593, Brian D. Montgomery, of Texas, to be an Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development;
2. Motion to waive budget points of order with respect to S.2372, if a point of order is raised and motion to waive made;
3. Motion to concur in the House amendment to S. 2372, VA MISSION Act of 2018;
4. Cloture on Executive Calendar #670, Jelena McWilliams, of Ohio, to be Chairperson of the Board of Directors of the Federal Deposit Corporation; and
5. Cloture on Executive Calendar #672 Jelena McWilliams, of Ohio, to be Member of the Board of Directors of the Federal Deposit Corporation.